Ideas for building future critical skills
- 20 questions. Critical thinking = builds the muscle of asking good questions! thinking logically, strategically. Kids start learn to start broad and narrow down (at first they ask, is it alive? Is it a dog? Is it a flower? Then they learn more sophisticated is it alive? is it an animal? does it have four legs? Can it fly? Can you find it in a zoo?
- Notice & Wonder – see post here..
- Projects – build a catapult, make a garden, create a video game, Chopped contest with friends, mega sandcastle, science exploration, map out your dream house, anything…
- Proposals. make your kids write out what they want. See here.
- Business. if siblings, friends…business.lemonade, dog walking. Chalene Johnson..
- Embrace their interests!
- TELL THEM about this. Watch this video. Then ask about school/activities – where do you get practice on collaboration? problem solving?
- Hack School. Make every project or assignment your own.